Getting Your Home Ready for Fall
Providing professional home and office cleaning for over 10 years in the Charlotte, NC has given EverClean Cleaning Service, Inc. our stellar reputation for quality and reliability. We really care about the quality of our service and that means you can take back your precious free time and enjoy it. We offer cleaning services for Charlotte in the Westinghouse Blvd. area, Graham Street area, South Tryon, Uptown Charlotte and more. So whether you need residential cleaning in Charlotte or commercial cleaning in Charlotte, NC – please contact us at 704.497.1990 for more information.
Our blog is a great place to go to if you are looking for things to do in Charlotte, NC and for valuable tips about your home. We have the latest information about events, restaurants and things to do in our area. There are many valuable tips and eventful resources to help plan great things to do with your family. Not only do we provide cleaning services in Charlotte, North Carolina we also share information about the local areas, things to do and information that is written for our customers and website visitors!
10 Fall-Cleaning Tips
Fall is just around the corner. So, you have to ready yourself and your home for it. Make your house maintenance job easier with these 10 fall cleaning tips. Most can be done with ease, while others might need professional assistance. However, all are beneficial for the lifespan of your house and your belongings.
- Check doors and windows for drafts. Through grasping your hand in the corners of the doors and windows, you can sense the cool breeze blowing in the molding and trim. These cracks could be covered through caulking with latex caulk. For larger spaces on doors and windows, buy 3M weather banding which easily sticks to the desired location.
- Clean your downspouts and downspouts of debris and leaves. This ensures right water handling as your covering carries snow in winter and dirt free downspouts helps prevent the buildup of ice dams and potentially harming the Eavestrough.
- Give your covering a visual assessment for degradation or missing shingles. The roof is the home’s first defense of water, so ensure the roof is sealed off well. When there is an indication of degradation or roof repair job, contact a roof expert to ensure that it’s ready for fall.
- Make sure your heating system is inspected. It doesn’t matter if you have a hot-water radiant, heat forced air furnace or a timber burning fireplace. Ensure the heating system is assessed at least once to ensure its proper operation.
- Stroll around your house and assess the siding and foundation for holes or cracks where wires and pipes enter the structure and ensure they are covered properly. You can cover the cracks and holes by yourself with the use of simple materials readily available in the hardware store in your area.
- Turn the ceiling fan to the right direction. There is a tendency of complexity on this matter, but you need the hot air to push off the top limit. Switch the fan on a clockwise position so as to compel hot air of your ceiling. If standing below the ceiling fan, you’ll hardly perceive a draft.
- Switch off the cooling unit through calling an HVAC company to come and inspect and clean it for next fall. Seal off the air conditioner to keep it dry and clean from snow.
- Clean the outdoor furniture. When you cannot store the outdoor stuffs inside, give your furnishing and tools some proper cleaning. Cover it with a sealed tarp.
- Test out the railings and steps on your house exterior for shaky or lose parts. You need firm steps as well as railings to hold onto if you trip on a piece of ice.
- Look after your lawn. There are many yard clean up guides and tips available out there.
Your ultimate aim is to keep the elements outdoors when fall comes. It must not affect the operation of your home. You have to follow these tips to ensure that your home stays dry and warm.
Providing professional home and office cleaning for over 10 years in the Charlotte, NC has given EverClean Cleaning Service, Inc. our stellar reputation for quality and reliability. We really care about the quality of our service and that means you can take back your precious free time and enjoy it. We offer cleaning services in the Westinghouse Blvd. area, Graham Street area, South Tryon, Uptown Charlotte and more. So whether you need residential cleaning in Charlotte or commercial cleaning in Charlotte, NC – please contact us at 704.497.1990 for more information.